Realized that most damages of construction projects relate to geotechnical and foundation engineering aspects, VMEC has been employed new equipments, high technology, and experienced engineering geologists and geotechnical engineers for field investigations, laboratory testing, soil evaluation, ground improvement, and foundation design especially for conditions of soft ground and other problematic soils in Vietnam. Services provided by VMEC as follows:
- Surface field investigations: field reconnaissance, geologic mapping, geophysical explorations.
- Subsurface investigations: boring, coring, sampling, and in-situ testing such as SPT, CPT, vane shear, permeability, borehole geophysical testing.
- Laboratory testing: VMEC Geotechnical Laboratory has full license, LAS 625, granted by Ministry of Construction for testing all soil and rock engineering properties required for design. With skill staff, modern equipments, and data acquisition system for automatically recording data, VMEC’s Laboratory can perform all tri-axial tests and consolidation tests following ASTM and BS testing standards, especially for soft clay.
- Geotechnical instrumentation: VMEC has successfully provided services on design, installation, and monitoring for geotechnical works including piezometers, extensometers, inclinometers, strain gages, earth pressure cells, …
- VMEC has experienced geotechnical engineers to provide dynamic, creative, cost effective solutions for structure foundations, ground treatments, retaining walls, earth works, and geosynthetics applications in soft ground improvements, landfills, and reinforced earth structures.